Published and accepted articles
(24) Landscape configuration drives persistent spatial patterns of occupant distributions. ( pdf )
Elizabeth A Hamman, Scott A McKinley, Adrien C Stier, Craig W Osenberg. Theoretical Ecology. Published online Nov 16, 2017.
(23) Geometric ergodicity of two-dimensional Hamiltonian systems with a Lennard–Jones-like repulsive potential. ( pdf )
Ben Cooke, David P Herzog, Jonathan C Mattingly, Scott A McKinley, Scott C Schmidler. Communications in Mathematical Sciences. Vol 15 No 7, pgs 1987-2025 (2017)
(22) Resource-driven encounters among consumers and implications for the spread of infectious disease. ( pdf )
Rebecca K Borchering, Steven E Bellan, Jason M Floyd, Juliet RC Pulliam, and Scott A McKinley. The Journal of the Royal Society – Interface. Vol 14 No 135: 20170555. (2017)
(21) Fluid–particle dynamics for passive tracers advected by a thermally fluctuating viscoelastic medium. ( pdf )
Christel Hohenegger and Scott A McKinley. Journal of Computational Physics. Vol 340 pgs 688-711. (2017)
(20) The Evolutionary Trade-off between Stem Cell Niche Size, Aging, and Tumorigenesis ( pdf )
Vincent L Cannataro, Scott A McKinley, and Colette M St Mary. Evolutionary Applications. Vol 10 No 6, pgs 590-602. (2017)
(19) Model comparison for single particle tracking in biological fluids. ( pdf )
Martin Lysy, Natesh S. Pillai, David B. Hill, M. Gregory Forest, John Mellnik, Paula Vasquez and Scott A McKinley. Journal of the American Statistical Association. Vol 111 No 56 (2016)
(18) Maximum Likelihood Estimation for Single Particle, Passive Microrheology Data with Drift ( pdf )
John Mellnik, Martin Lysy, Paula Vasquez, Natesh Pillai, David B Hill, Jeremy A Cribb, Scott A McKinley and M Gregory Forest. Journal of Rheology. 60, 379 (2016)
(17) The Implications of Small Stem Cell Niche Sizes and the Distribution of Fitness Effects of New Mutations in Aging and Tumorigenesis ( pdf )
Vincent L Cannataro, Scott A McKinley and Colette St Mary. Evolutionary Applications. 9 (4) pgs 565-582. (2016)
(16) Using computational modeling to optimize the design of antibodies that trap viruses in mucus (pdf)
Timothy Wessler, Alex Chen, Scott A McKinley, Richard Cone, M Gregory Forest and Samuel K Lai. ACS Infectious Disease 2 (1) pgs 82-92 (2016)
(15) Minimizing biases associated with tracking analysis of submicron particles in heterogeneous biological fluids (pdf)
Ying-Ying Wang, Kenetta L Nunn, Dimple Harit, Scott A McKinley, and Samuel K. Lai.
Journal of Controlled Release.Vol 220, Part A, pgs 37-43 (2015)
(14) Modeling of Virion Collisions in Cervicovaginal Mucus Reveals Limits on Agglutination as the Protective Mechanism of Secretory Immunoglobulin A (pdf)
Alex Chen, Scott A McKinley, Feng Shi, Simi Wang, Peter J Mucha, Dimple Harit, M Gregory Forest, and Samuel K Lai. PLoS ONE 10(7): e0131351. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0131351 (2015)
(13) Micro-heterogeneity metrics for diffusion in soft matter
John Mellnik, Paula A Vazquez, Scott A McKinley, Jacob Witten, David B Hill, M Gregory Forest. Soft Matter. 10 (39) 7781-7796. (2014)
(12) Hidden semi-Markov models reveal multiphasic movement of the endangered Florida panther
Madelon Van de Kirk, David P Onorato, Marc A Criffield, Benjamin M Bolker, Ben C Augustine, Scott A McKinley, Madan K Oli. Journal of Animal Ecology. Vol 84 No 2, 576-585. (2014)
(11) Modeling Neutralization Kinetics of HIV by Broadly Neutralizing Monoclonal Antibodies in Genital Secretions Coating the Cervicovaginal Mucosa. (pdf, supplemental)
Scott A McKinley, Alex Chen, Feng Shi, Simi Wang, Peter J Mucha, M Gregory Forest, Samuel K Lai. PLoS ONE 9(6): e100598. (2014) doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0100598
(10) A flexible simulation platform to quantify and manage emergency department crowding (pdf)
Joshua E Hurwitz, Jo Ann Lee, Kenneth K Lopiano, Scott A McKinley, James Keesling and Joseph A Tyndall. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making. Vol 15 No 50 (2014)
(9) Transient Antibody-Mucin Interactions Produce a Dynamic Molecular Shield against Viral Invasion. (pdf)
Alex Chen, Scott A McKinley, Simi Wang, Feng Shi, Peter J. Mucha, M. Gregory Forest, & Samuel K Lai. Biophysical Journal, 106(9), 2028–2036. doi:10.1016/j.bpj.2014.02.038 (2014)
(8) A Biophysical Basis for Mucus Solids Concentration as a Candidate Biomarker for Airways Disease. (pdf)
David B. Hill, Paula A. Vasquez, John Mellnik, Scott A McKinley, Aaron Vose, Frank Mu, Ashley G Henderson, Scott H. Donaldson, Neil E. Alexis, Richard C. Boucher and M. Gregory Forest. PLoS ONE, 9(2), e87681. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0087681 (2014).
(7) Sensory Information and Encounter Rates of Interacting Species. (pdf, supplemental)
Andrew M Hein, Scott A McKinley. PLoS Computational Biology 9(8): e1003178. 2013.
(6) Geometric ergodicity of a bead-spring system forced by a stochastic Stokes fluid. (pdf)
Jonathan C Mattingly, Scott A McKinley, Natesh S Pillai. Stochastic Processes and Their Applications 122 (12) 3953-3979, 2012.
(3) Asymptotic Analysis of Microtubule-based Transport by Multiple Identical Molecular Motors. (pdf)
Scott A McKinley, Avanti Athreya, John Fricks, Peter R Kramer. Journal of Theoretical Biology, Vol 305, July 21, 2012.
(2) A Stochastic Compartmental Model for Fast Axonal Transport. (pdf)
Lea Popovic, Scott A McKinley and Michael C. Reed. SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, 71 (4) 2011.
(1) Transient Anomalous Diffusion of Tracer Particles in Soft Matter. (pdf)
Scott A McKinley, Lingxing Yao and M Gregory Forest. Journal of Rheology, 53 (6) 2009.
Submitted articles and technical reports
— Reconstructing Complex Fluid Properties from the Behavior of Fluctuating Immersed Particles. ( pdf )
Christel Hohenegger and Scott A McKinley. Submitted and in review. (2017)
— Assessing the Impact of Electrostatic Drag on Processive Molecular Motor Transport.
J Darby Smith and Scott A McKinley
— Anomalous Diffusion and the Generalized Langevin Equation ( pdf )
Scott A McKinley and Hung D Nguyen, Submitted and in review. (2017)
— Anomalous Diffusion of Distinguished Particles in Bead-Spring Systems.
Scott A McKinley. arXiv:0911.4293